SDTA Scholarship deadline May 31st
SDTA will be awarding scholarships of $2,000 and $1,500 for the 2019 fall semester. The deadline to apply for the SDTA Memorial Scholarships is May 31, 2019.
Applicants must have completed at least 24 credit hours of post-secondary instruction (includes high school ‘dual credit’ hours) towards a multi-year program degree at any accredited technical schools or other accredited post-secondary higher education institution in South Dakota. Applicants must be majoring in a program with technical skills or a field of study that is useful for work in the telecommunications or broadband industry. The applicant must be a member/customer or have a parent or legal guardian that is a member/customer of an SDTA member company.
Applications are available online, from any South Dakota post-secondary institution student financial aid office, the SDTA office, or any SDTA member company.
Selection of awards will be announced by July 15th. Scholarships totaling over $70,000 have been awarded to students in South Dakota since the SDTA Memorial Scholarship fund was established.
Previous recipients are not eligible to apply again and preference will be given to students with majors within the communications and broadband industry.
Eligible majors include, but are not limited to:
- Information Systems Technology or Management
- Satellite Communications
- Health Information Technology
- Office Technology Specialist
- Programming Specialist
- Network Specialist
- Engineering (Computer Science or Systems, Electrical, CAD, Software, Industrial, Communications Systems, Network Security)
- Technologies or Computers (Communications Systems Engineering Technologies, Computer Programming, Computer Software Specialist, Computer Systems or Software, Computer Applications, Satellite Communications, Utilities Technologies, Network Technician, Internet Apps Developer, Laser/Electro-Optics, Marketing, Network Administration, System Administrator)
- Technology Education
- Communication Arts (Graphic or Mass Communications, Commercial Arts, Multimedia/Web Development)
For more information and how to apply, go to: https://www.sdtaonline.com/sdta-scholarships